GRBackPro Backup Software: Version History
What's New in version 9.0.50?
- Fixed: When the program is installed as Service and the user runs
the program from the Start menu or from a shortcut GR will issue a
- Fixed: Setup problem for 64 bit demo version.
What's New in version 9.0.48?
- Fixed: When using the Job synchronization option and doing a full
backup then in some cases the destination disk could be wiped out.
- Fixed: When using the backup simulation option and full backup
then the Abort button was not handled.
- Fixed: When using the History mode, once the programmed number of
folders had been reached the program failed to fill the newly created
one with the current files.
What's New in version 9.0.46?
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 100% compatible
- New customizable colors with effects
- Zip AES 256 ciphered compression compatible with WinZip
- New Add/Edit Job dialog. Many per session options have been moved at
- New user interface check boxes
- New user interface buttons
- New Report tab. The log files are now separated to make them smaller
and quickly handled
- New Report tab. The number of log files to keep can be programmed
- Added to the backup Job the possibility to skip folder names
- Zip compression level has been moved to the backup Job
- Option to move or copy has been moved to the backup Job
- Clear Archive attribute option has been moved to the backup
- Include system and hidden files option has been moved to the
- Include file older or younger than N days options has been
moved to the backup Job
- Include wild chars specific files option has been moved to the
- Skip specified wild chars defined files option has been moved
to the backup Job
- Skip specified wild chars defined folders option has been
moved to the backup Job
- Backup security attributes option has been moved to the backup
- Updated registry backup option
- Added Run pause Task to allow networked computer to restart at
a specified time
- The "At backup completion do" option has been moved to the
Scheduler tab that is now accessible during the backup
- Many internal optimizations and bug fixes
- Minimum Windows version supported is XP SP3 (for 32 bit
- Detection of the program that locks files with reporting on
the backup log Report
- New Report right click popup menu to capture log text and
file/folder names to automatically skip
- Added a confirmation message before to delete a Scheduler Event
- Added Shield icon on the Backup button when the registry
backup is active
- Added on the Report tab, operation activities list, pressing
CTRL-C you can now copy the current log line to the clipboard
- During a backup run the user can now enable or disable the
- The Progress Tab Status column has been modified to provide
more information about the file compression or copying method
- Enhanced Report tab
- Rearranged some tab options to improve logic and ease of use
- Added backup Jobs list icons
- Removed empty Job list button
- New Add/Edit Job dialog destination tree control
- Various bug fixes
What's New in version 8.5.5?
- Added: more details in the program log file
- Fixed: Automatic update version comparison
- Fixed: Email To Support feature
- Fixed: Minor internal issues
What's New in version 8.4.33?
- Fixed: Bugs on the x64 version due to mixed x86 and x64 code
- Fixed: Add/Edit Job dialog didn't refresh correctly when regaining the focus
- Fixed: Single File Restore dialog bugs
- Fixed: When updating a zip archive in certain cases the program issue a CRC error
What's New in version 8.4.9?
- Added: Elevation indication on the Title bar when the program is
executed as Administrator.
- Fixed: Weekly and Monthly Scheduler Events when the Event is missed
for one or more days because the program was not running.
- Fixed: At shutdown there was a chance that the .grb file settings
would be lost.
- Fixed: On large destination disks the full backup delete dialog
What's New in version 8.4.5?
- Fixed: Minor problems.
- Removed: Kagi payment processor from the Demo version.
What's New in version 8.4.3?
- Fixed: using the zip compressor if there is a write error this could
be erroneously reported as disk full.
- Fixed: when including or excluding files or extensions a leading or
trailing space wasn't removed and lead to wrong behavior.
- Fixed: a not existent session could be found on the scheduler event
- Fixed: When pasting Jobs the sort operation was missing.
- Fixed: Memory eating problem when Restoring or Verifying a backup
- Fixed: If a Job source path no more exists and a Full backup is
programmed then an error is issued with a not correct path.
- Fixed: Crash when backing up a whole disk.
What's New in version 8.3.0?
- Added: Confirmation message before to delete a Scheduler Event.
- Added: Shield icon on the Backup button when the registry backup is
- Added: On the Report tab, operation activities list, by pressing
CTRL-C you can now copy the current log line to the clipboard.
- Changed: During a backup run the user can now enable or disable the
- Changed: The Progress Tab Status column has been modified to provide
more information about the file compression or copying method.
- Fixed: A beep happened when changing the destination to all Jobs or
when creating a new Job.
- Fixed: The column "Execution Order" in the Jobs tab wasn't being
- Fixed: When backing up the root folder of a disk then the
destination folder Bak_nn was being created with system and hidden
- Fixed: When editing a Scheduled Event the program issued an error
message instead of permitting the edit.
- Fixed: When restoring with Source = "Session folder" but the Folder
option is not empty then an incorrect error message was displayed.
- Fixed: When doing a FULL backup from a root drive to another root
drive and the Bak_sd option is OFF, an infinite loop was created while
trying to delete the root folder.
- Fixed: When the program becomes hidden at the end of a backup then a
crash could happen.
- Fixed: When using the single zip archive feature and file names have
Latin characters or special characters, the program would issue open
- Fixed: The "System Volume Information" folder was not being skipped.
When a full backup was run, deletion of this folder on the backup drive
- Fixed: When multiple Events are started in sequence and the
autostart feature is enabled the Scheduler will sometimes execute an
- Fixed: When creating Big Zip64 files with more than 65535 files
inside, the created zip archive has some parameters that don't match the
required field but the files are still recoverable (for example winrar
and winzip don't see any problem).
What's New in version 8.2.30?
- Added: In Backup simulation the delete operations are now being
reported (but not performed).
- Added: In the Add/Edit Event dialog some checks against invalid
settings were missing.
- Added: In the Scheduler dialog the Session name has been added to
easily handle the "At End Do" action.
- Changed: The backup and restore execution order are now controlled
by Jobs tab list order. The backup or restore will be executed in the
same order as the Jobs are listed.
- Changed: When the option "Windows Shadow Copy Services" in the
Backup tab is enabled, the program now shows the Backup button shield
icon indicating the program must run as Administrator.
- Fixed: On the Backup tab the last option of the "destination path
layout" named "HH.mm" wasn't correctly implemented.
- Fixed: On the Backup tab the last option of the "destination path
layout" named "mm (Minute number)" wasn't correctly implemented.
- Fixed: Conversion bug when converting from version 5 GRBakPro.grb
file to version 8 using the x64 version. This bug is not present in the
- Fixed: On the Jobs tab moving the items with the Move up and
Move down option could lead to Job duplication and / or Job loss.
- Fixed: When backup mode is Full and the source path of the Job
points to a folder with only sub-folders and no files, the destination
files were not deleted.
- Fixed: Under certain unusual circumstances the scheduler would fail
to start weekly events.
- Fixed: When created, the Destination folder didn't keep the source
- Fixed: When selecting "What to Restore" and the user chooses a name
different from $backup.zip then the Restore did not work.
- Fixed: On the Restore tab the line named "Session:" wasn't updating
if a restore was run immediately after another restore.
- Fixed: If Volume Shadow Copy did not start and the backup of a file
failed the destination file created was zero sized.
- Fixed: When a source folder has a zip file named for example
$backup.zip and you have compression enabled to $backup.zip then the
source archive was skipped.
- Fixed: The "At End Do" action in the Scheduler tab was getting
corrupted by changing tabs and/or Sessions.
What's New in version 8.2.0?
- Added: In the Message Center a warning when synchronization is on
and no files are included in a folder backup.
- Added: In the Report tab the Elapsed time has been added to the
Execution list items.
- Added: The Report tab, Execution list control has been
enhanced by adding colours to the 3 operations.
- Added: The Report tab, Execution list control text has been
modified to also show if the operation has been started by a scheduler
event or manually.
- Changed: The synchronization option now deletes files from
destination disk after the backup has been done if compressor is
- Changed: The Task Bar icon progress is now reset at the end of
backup / restore / verify to better indicate that the operation has been
- Fixed: When compression is enabled and specific files are
included and synchronization is active those files which had been
included and now were not were not being deleted.
- Fixed: The "Check for Updates" function failed to correctly
discover if the user is connected to the Internet.
- Fixed: The option "Skip predefined folder names" in the Adv.
Backup tab was not correctly saving the user selected folders.
- Fixed: When creating an email task, the "Execute" option to
send "always", "on error" or "if no error" was not available on first
creating the task. It was necessary to save the task and then edit it
before that option became available.
- Fixed: When Windows did an automatic shutdown there were cases
where Windows forced program termination prevented the program settings
from being saved.
- Fixed: When compressing, Unicode file names were not correctly
handled resulting in some files in the resulting archive being skipped.
- Fixed: On Windows XP the background was not correctly painted
when the program was resized many times quickly.
- Fixed: Scheduler weekly Event problem: some enabled days were
- Fixed: Scheduler Events: sometimes an event was added to the
execution queue while it was already under execution.
- Fixed: While copying files, the program incorrectly reported a
disk full condition.
- Fixed: On the Job tab the move up and move down function
- Fixed: The Scheduler tab Event list was not correctly updating
the last run time. The Column has been renamed to assist with correctly
identifying the Last Run Time.
- Fixed: When editing the condition for a Scheduled Event, the
"Execution Conditions" window was not updated until the next close/open
What's New in version 8.0.7?
- Fixed: The check for updates code erroneously handled the version
What's New in version 8.0.6?
- Fixed: Help file didn't open on x64 version.
- Fixed: Help button was wrongly handled and Exit button was missing
when running on Windows Server.
- Fixed: The version 7.5.x language extension DLL caused a
- Fixed: Sometimes the tray icon of the program disappears for
unknown reasons. This fix tries to recreate it when this happens.
- Fixed: under certain conditions the Scheduler Event CPU load
feature caused a crash.
- Fixed: when the Scheduler Event is set to wake up the PC and
the user manually wakes it up then the program failed to keep the PC
What's New in version 8.0.0?
- Windows 8 compatible.
- Windows Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) support both for x86 and x64
- New customizable colours with effects.
- Enhanced automatic software update.
- Added Sounds.
- Tasks tab re-designed to have a single list and execute Tasks even
- Enhanced setup handles updates of x86 software to x64.
- Added Windows Task Bar control features to show backup progress and
buttons to pause/resume/stop.
- New simplified backup Wizard.
- New Message Center to help program usage and allow the user to
- Minimum Windows version supported is XP.
- Rearranged some tab options to improve logic and ease of use.
- Added backup Jobs list icons.
- Removed empty Job list button.
- New Add/Edit Job dialog destination tree control.
- Various bug fixes.